Veggie Sandwich with Traditional Hummus
Macros / Serving Size
Protein: 22 g | Fat: 21 g | Carbs: 44 g
% Calories of Macros / Serving Size
Calories 433 | Protein 20 % | Fat 42 % | Carbs 38 %
Nutrients / Serving Size
Fiber: 12 g | Sodium: 538 mg | Sat. Fat: 4 g
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 2 tbsp. (1 oz.) plain hummus
- 1 6-8 in whole grain or whole wheat hoagie or wrap
- ¼ (2 oz.) cup broccoli sprouts or alpha sprouts
- ¼ (1 oz.) cup spinach
- 1 hard boiled egg, sliced
- 1/3 (2.6 oz.) cup cucumber, sliced
- 1/8 of a red onion, sliced thin
- ¼ avocado, sliced
- Spread hummus on one side of the whole grain or whole wheat item.
- Layer two slices of bread with broccoli sprouts or alpha sprouts, spinach, hard boiled egg, cucumber, onion, and avocado.
- Two slices of whole wheat or whole grain bread can be substituted in this recipe.
- Any type of lettuce or mix of leafy greens can be used in the sandwiches to total the amount of leafy greens listed in the ingredients, however the nutritional analysis is based on the ingredients (type of leafy greens and amount) listed in the recipe.
Nutrition analysis is based on the use of whole wheat commercially prepared sliced bread and alpha sprouts in place of broccoli sprouts.