Spicy Chicken Wings
Created by Chef Robert Irvine
Total Time: 50 min
Prep: 5 min
Inactive: 10 min
Cook: 25-35 min
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 2 lbs. chicken wings
- 2 tbsp. grapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp. salt and pepper, equal blend
- 1 stick (¼ pound) butter, softened
- ¼ cup hot sauce
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. celery seed
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Cayenne Pepper (optional for additional heat)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Toss the wings with the oil and the salt and pepper blend.
- Place on a sheet pan. Cook for 20-30 minutes.
- After cooking, remove the wings from the oven and cool for 10 minutes or more.
- Preheat a fryer to 375 degrees F. Add the wings to the fryer in batches and cook until crisp, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Once crisp, remove from the fryer and allow excess grease to drain.
- In mixing bowl, blend the butter, hot sauce, honey, celery seed and salt until well mixed to make the sauce.
- Toss the wings in the hot sauce and serve.