Pork Chop Saltimbocca
Created by Chef Robert Irvine
Ingredients (Serves 5)
- 5 bone-in pork chops
- 20 slices prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 8 oz. bacon, diced medium diced
- 1 white onion, diced medium
- 3 ribs celery, diced medium
- 2 green bell peppers, diced medium
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups black eyed peas
- 3 scallions
Red Eye Gravy
- 4 oz. shot espresso
- 2 oz. thyme
- 2 cups beef or pork stock
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 stick butter
- Collard Greens
- 2 cups collard greens, chopped
- 2 oz. bacon, diced medium
- 1 onion, diced small
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- In a hot sauté pan sear pork chops on each side.
- Wrap pork chop with prosciutto; finish in a 350° oven for 8 minutes.
- In a large rondo style pot add bacon. Allow to render for 5 minutes. Allow to get crispy.
- Add white onions. Cook for 4 minutes until translucent. Cook through.
- Next add chicken stock, vinegar, and sugar.
- Cook for 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a rondo style pot over medium-high heat, add bacon and allow to render.
- Add onions, peppers, celery, and garlic. Cook for 6 minutes.
- Add black eyed peas and chicken stock. Bring to a boil. Allow mixture to simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Season with cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper.
Red Eye Gravy
- In a large sauce pot add shallots, garlic, and thyme.
- Allow to cook over low to medium heat.
- Next add beef stock and bring mixture to a boil.
- Allow to cook for 40 minutes.
- Strain off garlic, thyme, and shallots.
- Using a whisk finish sauce with butter and espresso.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- On each plate, lay down a large spoonful of Hoppin’ John.
- Top with cooked pork chop and a ladle or two full of red eye gravy.
- Place collard greens on side and serve.