Honey Mustard Drumsticks with Pears
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 8 chicken legs (1.75-2 lbs), skins removed
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh cut parsley
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 2 red onions, quartered
- 3 pears, cored and sliced
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly spray the bottom of a 13x9x2 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Mix the sauce ingredients by whisking together in a medium-sized bowl, the olive oil, honey, mustard, garlic, and salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken legs in the pan, leaving space between them. Place the sliced pears in between the legs and on the side of the dish. Separate the layers of the onion quarters and sprinkle them throughout the dish.
- Drizzle the sauce ingredients over the contents of the pan, with a focus on the legs. Add 2 tbsp. of water to the side of the pan.
- Sprinkle the rosemary over the legs and place the pan in the preheated oven. Cook for 30 minutes and gently turn the legs. Continue cooking for an additional 20 minutes, or until the meat temperature reaches 165 degrees F and the meat is no longer pink.
- Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle with fresh parsley.