Honey Glazed Chicken with a Fun Mango Salad
Ingredients (Serves 4)
Honey Balsamic Marinade/Dressing
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp. ketchup
- 2 minced garlic cloves (or 1 tsp. garlic powder)
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2-3 ripe mangos, peeled and sliced
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced with seeds removed
- 2-3 tbsp. fresh cilantro
- In a large re-sealable bag, add all the marinade/dressing ingredients, seal and mix well. Pour half of the mixed marinade into a container, cover and refrigerate. This will be used as the dressing for the salad.
- Add the chicken to the remaining marinade in the bag and seal. Shake the bag to be sure that all the chicken is coated and covered with the marinade. Refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and discard the marinade and bag.
- Bring the grill to medium-high heat. Grill the chicken for about 2-5 minutes each side or until it is no longer pink inside and reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and let it rest.
- While the chicken is resting, assemble the salad by placing one row of 4-5 slices of mango, and then place 3-5 slices of avocado between the mango and weave in 4-5 slices of tomato. Place the chicken alongside the salad and drizzle both with a little of the reserved dressing, then sprinkle with 1/4th of the fresh cilantro. Repeat for the remaining 3 plates.