Freedom’s Choice® Southwest Chicken Pasta Salad
Ingredients (Serves 8-10)
- ¾ (12 ounce) package Freedom’s Choice® Tri Color Rotini pasta
- 1 10oz Can Freedom’s Choice® Canned Chunk Chicken Breast
- ⅓ cup Freedom’s Choice® Light Olive Oil
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Freedom’s Choice® Chili Powder, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Freedom’s Choice® Garlic Powder
- 1 ½ cups Freedom’s Choice® Frozen Cut Corn, thawed or Freedom’s Choice® Canned Corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can Freedom’s Choice® or Full Circle® Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup diced green bell pepper
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup chopped roma (plum) tomatoes
- 1 cup Freedom’s Choice® Fancy Taco Blend Shredded Cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a large bowl combine oil, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, salt and garlic powder. Stir in pasta and set aside to cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in chicken, corn, beans, green pepper, red pepper and 1/2 of the cilantro leaves. Spoon onto a platter and garnish with tomatoes and remaining cilantro. Serve chilled or at room temperature, topping with cheese immediately before serving.
- Freedom’s Choice® Snacking Sharp Cheddar cubes can be used or a chunkier cheesed-up version.
- Add sliced black olives for even more Southwest flavor.