Freedom’s Choice® One Pan Roasted Sage Chicken & Root Vegetables
Ingredients (Serves 12)
- 3/4 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 3/4 pound red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, peeled and halved
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces, thick ends halved lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon Freedom’s Choice® Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoon Freedom’s Choice® Ground Sage
- 1 tablespoon Freedom’s Choice® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Freedom’s Choice® Salted butter, melted
- 3 pounds Freedom’s Choice® Frozen Bone-In Chicken Thighs, (thawed)
- Adjust an oven rack to the upper-middle position and heat the oven to 475 degrees.
- Toss the Brussels sprouts, potatoes, red onions, carrots, garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of sage, olive oil, 1 teaspoon of rosemary, sugar, 3/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper together in a bowl.
- Combine the butter, the remaining sage, the remaining rosemary, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper in a second bowl; set aside.
- Remove chicken skin from thighs (discard). Pat the chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the vegetables in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet, arranging the Brussels sprouts in the center. Place the chicken, skin side up, on top of the vegetables.
- Brush the chicken with the herb butter and roast until the thighs register 175 degrees, about 35 minutes, rotating the pan about halfway through the cooking process.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving platter and tent loosely with aluminum foil and let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Toss the vegetables in the pan juices and transfer them to the platter with the chicken. Serve.
- This recipe can also be prepared with leaving the skin on, however will increase the saturated fat and calorie content and no longer qualify as dietitian approved.
- This is a great meal to feed a crowd but the recipe can be halved for smaller families.