Fish Tacos with Corn Salsa
Created by Chef Robert Irvine
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 1 cup small diced red tomatoes
- ½ cup roasted corn kernels
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onion
- ¼ cup small diced yellow onion
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves, minced
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 3 oz. vegetable juice
- 2 jalapeños, seeded, small diced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lb. halibut or firm white fish, cut into 3 by ½-inch pieces
- 18 six-inch corn or flour tortillas
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, thinly shredded, ¼-inch thick
- 1 lemon
- Make the corn salsa: In a bowl, blend the tomatoes, corn, green onions, yellow onions, cilantro, vinegar, juice, jalapeños and salt and pepper to taste, mixing well. Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes.
- Make the tacos: Preheat a grill to 350 degrees F. Sprinkle the fish with salt and pepper and grill for 3 to 4 minutes. Flip the fish over and grill for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the fish from the grill and keep warm.
- Grill the tortillas on each side for 1 minute. Be careful not to scorch the tortillas. Divide the lettuce evenly on each tortilla. Top each tortilla with the fish, squeeze of lemon juice and 1 to 2 tbsp. of the corn salsa and serve.