Eggs Over Kale and Sweet Potato Grits
- 1 large sweet potato (orange flesh)
- 2 cups fresh kale (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (divided)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup non-fat milk
- 3/4 cup grits (quick cooking)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat 4 individual soufflé dishes with 1 tsp vegetable oil.
- Make 3-4 slits in sweet potatoes; cook in microwave until just soft.
- When sweet potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel, cut into chunks, and puree in food processor.
- Heat remaining vegetable oil in sauce pan, and sauté kale about 5 minutes.
- In a medium sauce pan, boil water and milk, add grits and sweet potatoes; cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in sautéed kale.
- Divide grits mixture evenly among 4 soufflé dishes (or place all in casserole dish).
- Make 4 depressions in the grits mixture with the back of a large spoon. Carefully break one egg into each hollow.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes until eggs are cooked. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
Serving Suggestions: Serve with an 8 oz glass of 100% grapefruit juice.