Dark Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
Dark chocolate in moderation has shown to have health benefits. A serving size of this dessert is 4 oz. of strawberries, and 1 oz. of dark chocolate (1/4th of the recipe).
- 1 lb. strawberries
- 4 oz. dark chocolate (70% or greater cocoa)
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Wash and dry one pound of medium to large sized strawberries.
- Chop 4 oz. of dark chocolate. (Can use a high quality 70% cocoa candy bar or melting chips.)
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the chocolate at 20 second intervals, stirring in between until the chocolate is melted.
- Holding by the stem, dip each strawberry in the chocolate. Let the excess chocolate drip off.
- Place each strawberry on the waxed paper baking sheet, about 1 inch apart. Place in the refrigerator to allow the chocolate to harden.