Curried Beef and Zoodles
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ to ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika (optional)
- 2 tsp. curry
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ cup low-sodium beef broth (or water)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 4 medium zucchini, cut with a vegetable spiralizer
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- 1-2 tbsp. green onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- Add the ground beef to a large skillet and begin cooking over medium heat. Add the salt, pepper, and chopped onions; using a wooden spoon break up the beef while continuing to cook it. Cook the beef until it becomes brown.
- Add the remainder of the spices, chopped tomato, and broth (or water); cover; and, turn heat to medium-low and continue cooking until the beef is cooked, the tomatoes are tender and the liquid is evaporated. Stir occasionally. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat the skillet over medium-high heat and then add the zucchini noodles to the pan. Quickly sprinkle in the spices and toss. Cook for about 30-40 seconds until the “zoodles” are just softened.
- Serve by topping the zoodles with the curried burger; then garnish with green onions and cilantro.