Chile Chicken Nachos
Ingredients (serves 6-8)
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 can chopped jalapeños, drained and reserved
- 1 half can corn, drained
- 1 half can pinto/red beans, drained
- 1 tbsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro (optional)
- 20 whole grain tortilla chips
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese
- Handful fresh baby spinach leaves, torn into smaller pieces
- ½ cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice the chicken in half, lengthwise. Begin cooking the chicken in a frying pan. Pore the reserved jalapeno juice on the chicken while cooking.
- As the chicken is cooking, line a baking sheet with tin foil and evenly distribute the chips then top with a layer of spinach.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, put it on a plate and use two forks to shred the chicken.
- Layer with the beans and corn, the chicken, jalapeños, and top with the cheese.
- Sprinkle the cheese with the cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes and chopped cilantro.
- Put the nachos in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with the Greek yogurt and salsa.