Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Macros / Serving Size
Protein 6 g | Fat 4 g | Carbs 30 g
% Calories of Macros / Serving Size
Calories 165 | Protein 13 % | Fat 18 % | Carbs 69 %
Nutrients / Serving Size
Fiber 5 g | Sodium 117 mg | Sat. Fat 1 g
Ingredients (Serves 12)
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats, not quick oats
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 large whole egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup ripe avocado, cubed
- 1 medium-sized very ripe banana
- ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup shredded coconut (optional)
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the banana and avocado flesh until a puree and smooth. Can use a food processor or blender to puree and then add it to a mixing bowl.
- Add the apple sauce, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and eggs and mix well until all is blended.
- Fold in the flour, oats until the dry ingredients are wet. Add the raisins and fold in until mixed well.
- Pour the batter in to a very lightly greased (using cooking spray), baking dish 13x9x2.
- Bake in the oven for 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the sides are lightly browned.
- Cut into 12 pieces. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator.
- This recipe can be used to make 12 cookies. Just place 12 equal scoops on a baking sheet (nonstick and or lightly greased) and bake for 15-28 minutes.
- Nutrient Analysis excludes the optional ingredients and includes the use of low-sodium baking powder and a packed cup of raisins.