Chef Robert Irvine's Turkey Pot Pie
Created by Chef Robert Irvine
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 white Spanish onion chopped
- 2 celery ribs, medium diced
- 3 carrots, small diced
- 4 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 4 cups turkey stock (or leftover gravy)
- 2 potatoes, peeled, medium diced
- 3 cups shredded turkey (dark meat preferred)
- 2 tbsp. chopped tarragon and parsley
- 1 prepared puff pastry square
- 1 egg, beaten
- In a medium sauce pot, melt butter, add diced onion and allow to sweat for 4 minutes.
- Add carrots, celery, and allow to cook for another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add flour and allow to cook for 4 minutes.
- Add turkey stock (or gravy) and bring to a simmer. Add potatoes and simmer until fork tender.
- Brush the pie crust with egg.
- Bake pie for 20 to 30 minutes at 375 degrees or until crust is golden brown.