Chef Robert Irvine's: Ramen Noodle Salad
Created by Chef Robert Irvine
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and shredded
- 2 tbsp. edamame, peeled
- 2 lbs. fresh or frozen ramen noodles
- 2 tbsp. scallions, thin sliced
- 3 cups napa cabbage, fine shredded
- 1 tbsp. peanuts, toasted and chopped
- 3 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tbsp. togarashi (Japanese seasoning mix)
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 cup grape seed oil
- 1 thumb ginger, minced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ cup scallions, thin sliced
- In a food processor add rice wine vinegar, smoked paprika, honey, Dijon mustard, togarashi, and slowly incorporate grape seed oil, sesame oil
- Place in a mixing bowl, then incorporate minced garlic, ginger, and sliced scallions
Ramen Noodle Salad
- Heat a pot filled with water (seasoned with a little salt) and bring to a boil.
- Place ramen noodles into the boiling water and allow to cook for 3 minutes until the noodles are al dente, then chill the noodles by placing in ice water for 1 minute and then drain the noodles.
- In a mixing bowl, add shredded carrots, edamame, shredded cabbage, and sliced scallions, add chilled ramen noodles and sesame vinaigrette.
- Season the salad with salt and pepper to taste and 1 tbsp of the sesame vinaigrette.
- Serve the ramen noodle salad in a bowl and garnish with the chopped peanuts and the chopped cilantro.