Chef Robert Irvine's: Open-Faced Reuben Sandwich
Created by Chef Robert Irvine
Ingredients (Serves 4)
For the Reuben
- 3 lbs. thinly sliced pastrami
- 12 oz. sauerkraut
- 4 slices rye bread, toasted
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 tbsp. chives, chopped
For the Thousand Island Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tbsp. relish
- 1 tbsp. sriracha
- Take toasted rye bread and top with thousand island dressing, sauerkraut, pastrami, and Swiss cheese.
- Place in 350 degree F oven until cheese is melted and sandwich is hot all the way through. Top with chopped chives and serve.
Thousand Island Dressing
- In a large mixing bowl add ketchup, sriracha, mayonnaise, and relish.
- Mix together and season with salt and pepper.