Cajun Shrimp with Fettucine
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 medium zucchini
- 12 oz. whole wheat fettuccine pasta
- Shelled shrimp
- 1 tbsp. cajun seasoning
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 15 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup evaoporated milk
- 3 oz. grated parmesan
- Fresh basil (optional)
- Dice a small onion, mince 2 garlic cloves and slice 1 medium zucchini. Set aside.
- Begin cooking 12 oz. of whole wheat fettuccine pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, add 12 oz. of uncooked, shelled shrimp to a bowl along with 1 tbsp. of Cajun seasoning. Toss gently to evenly coat the shrimp.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook on both sides until pink. Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp. of olive oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and zucchini. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Using a blender, pulse 1- 15 oz. can of tomatoes until smooth and then add them to the skillet. Bring to a boil and then turn down the heat to simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Pour ¾ cup of evaporated milk into skillet and stir gently. Add 3 oz. of freshly grated Parmesan cheese and cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta and shrimp to the skillet and toss until everything is mixed together.
- Serve by placing ¼ of the shrimp pasta on a plate and top with fresh basil (optional).