Cabbage and Sweet Cilantro Slaw
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 6 cups raw cabbage, thinly sliced (green, red, or mixed)
- 6 oz. match stick carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2/3 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp. freshly grated ginger or 1 tsp. ginger spice
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 minced garlic cloves
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl combine the vegetables and sunflower seeds. Mix well.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine the oils, sugar, spices, and vinegar. Whisk together and then pour over the vegetables.
- Mix the slaw well to be sure that vegetables are lightly coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours so the flavors can blend.
- Toss in some leftover cooked chicken breast for a more hearty salad.
- Consider using slivered almonds or crushed walnuts instead of sunflower seeds.
Here's an easy one page print out of this Cabbage Slaw recipe.