10 Minute Pantry Staple Chicken Salad
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 16 oz. canned chicken breast, chilled
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic or apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup dill pickles, chopped
- 1/3 cup red onions, finely diced
- ½ cup celery, diced
- 2/3 cup nonfat, plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup, plus 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tsp. sugar
- ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 13.5 oz. can of no sugar added Mandarin oranges, chilled
- 8 cups of fresh greens (baby leaf spinach, kale, and/or field green mix)
- Drain canned chicken breast and discard the liquid.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add all of the ingredients except the oranges and greens.
- Gently fold the ingredients together until well mixed.
- Drain and discard the juice from the mandarin oranges.
- Serve by placing ¼ of the fresh salad greens on a large plate or bowl. Top with ¼ of the chicken salad and ¼ of the mandarin oranges.
- Place the canned chicken and oranges in the fridge the night before preparation so they will be nice and chilled prior to making the recipe.
- If the chicken salad, is a bit too dry for your liking, add a little bit more yogurt.
- Consider switching out the dill pickles with chopped apples or jicama.
- Consider using the chicken salad in to make a wrap.
- To up the protein content in this recipe, consider adding 1-2 chopped boiled eggs.