Vitafusion vitamin products recalled
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is voluntarily recalling select Vitafusion vitamin products because they may be contaminated with foreign materials, specifically pieces of metallic mesh material according to a Department of Defense All Food and Drug Activity message sent April 20. Consumption of foreign material could cause injury to teeth, mouth, throat, stomach or intestine tissues if swallowed.
The Defense Commissary Agency has publicized this recall to all its stores, said Richard Stith, Chief, Public Health Division, DeCA headquarters at Fort Lee, Virginia. Whenever a commissary has recalled or withdrawn products in its inventory, they are immediately removed from store shelves.
The following products are affected by this recall:
- Vitafusion Melatonin, 44 count: UPC 0-27917-28011-0 with lot code WA03076270
- Vitafusion Melatonin, 140 count: UPC 0-27917-02671-8 with lot codes WA03076990, WA03077852 and WA02608988
- Vitafusion Fiber Well, 90 count: UPC 0-27917-01890-4 with lot codes WA02187020, WA03086671 and WA03087521
- Vitafusion Fiber Well, 220 count: UPC 0-27917-01984-0 with lot codes WA03087520, WA02487524, WA03086273, WA02488188, WA02746303 and WA03089755
- Vitafusion MultiVites, 150 count: UPC 0-27917-01919-2 with lot codes WA03044959, WA02697024, WA02710630, WA01997022, WA02693174, WA02697403, WA02169754, WA02847021 and WA01997867
- Vitafusion Kids Melatonin, 50 count: UPC 0-27917-00170-8 with lot code WA03076268
- Vitafusion SleepWell, 250 count: UPC 0-27917-02524-7 with lot code WA03077414
The product lot code can be found below the UPC code. There have been no reports of illness or injury related to this recall.
Customers should return the product to the commissary of purchase for a full refund.
Customers with questions may contact Church & Dwight’s Consumer Affairs team at 1-800- 981-4710, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. EST.