Ready for some football? Shop the commissary to save on tasty items needed for your watch party or awesome tailgating event
FORT LEE, Va. – You name it – from brats, wings and steaks, to chips, drinks and fresh vegetables – your commissary has what you need to make your football tailgate or watch party so memorable that you won’t care if your team wins or loses.
Well, it might not take away the sting of a loss, but it will relieve some of the burden put on your wallet to buy so much food.
“Commissary shoppers have a variety of tastes and traditions when it comes to tailgating and football watch parties. We have what they’re looking for at prices that bring greater enjoyment because they’re spending less for more,” said Tracie Russ, the Defense Commissary Agency’s director of sales.
“And we have what fits their lifestyle,” Russ added. “Whether it’s cooking from scratch, or heating up pre-cooked frozen items, we have it at their commissary.”
Here’s a simple checklist of things to look for at your commissary:
- Meat – from fresh to frozen, you’ll find a wide variety of chicken, hamburger, steaks, brats luncheon meats and pre-cooked meats.
- Fruits and veggies – out of the bin or in platters made to order, commissaries are loaded with produce fare to augment that main menu.
- Beverages – from water to juice to soft drinks, commissaries have something for everybody’s taste buds.
- Snacks, sides and condiments – any grocery store worth its salt has what it takes to fill a bowl or two with just about any type of salad you can think about, and then there’s a tremendous variety of salty snacks and dips to go with them. Don’t forget condiments and sauces.
- Paper plates, napkins and utensils – who wants to do dishes after having a blast? Also, get your garbage bags so you won’t leave a mess behind.
- Sunscreen – even if your tailgate has shade or a canopy, you’ll want to take measures to avoid getting sunburnt.
You can also save on tailgating supplies using digital coupons via the Commissary Rewards Card and by discovering our current sales promotions, commissary brands, the current sales flyer, the Your Everyday Savings (YES!) program and more.
Plus, throughout the month, military commissaries are offering discounts beyond everyday savings, especially in displays at the ends of the aisles, where stores showcase products with extra-low prices.
About DeCA: The Defense Commissary Agency operates a worldwide chain of commissaries providing groceries to military personnel, retirees and their families in a safe and secure shopping environment. Commissaries provide a military benefit, saving authorized patrons thousands of dollars annually on their purchases compared to similar products at commercial retailers. The discounted prices include a 5-percent surcharge, which covers the costs of building new commissaries and modernizing existing ones. A core military family support element, and a valued part of military pay and benefits, commissaries contribute to family readiness, enhance the quality of life for America’s military and their families, and help recruit and retain the best and brightest men and women to serve their country.