‘Live Healthy, Save Big!’ Military resale community to host Lifestyle Festivals
The military resale community announces the fifth annual worldwide Healthy Lifestyle Festival beginning at some installations as early as May 1 and continuing through early July. See event schedule for locations and dates.
Every year, the festival offers military communities the best in food, merchandise and events related to living a healthy lifestyle from commissaries; exchanges; morale, welfare and recreation activities; installation medical commands and industry.
“This event offers the best of military resale as we partner to make our installations a prime destination for savings while supporting our community’s health and wellness goals,” said retired Rear Adm. Robert J. Bianchi, interim director and CEO of the Defense Commissary Agency.
“Live Healthy, Save Big!” is the theme for the Healthy Lifestyle Festival which includes the following events and activities:
- Commissaries will offer produce sidewalk sales, focusing on natural and organic foods with coupon-bundling specials that pair well with fruits and vegetables. Commissaries will also be highlighting the “Keeping Our Pets Fit” promotion inside the commissaries the entire month of June. In addition to healthy pet food solutions, there will be additional pet products, specialty coupons and accessories offered outside on the weekends.
- Exchanges will offer sidewalk sales, to include fitness shoes and apparel specials along with sports equipment and bicycles. Exchanges will also be participating in the healthy pet promo by offering special savings on pet accessories, grooming products and supplements.
- Cross promotions will be offered by commissaries and exchanges. For example, located near the commissaries’ fresh produce displays will be samplings and demos of a VitaMix machine sold in exchanges. Patrons may also see grills heating up veggies and lean meat samples from the commissary.
- Installation morale, welfare and recreation activities will offer a variety of fitness events for children and adults, to include walks and runs, aerobic workouts and summer sports sign-ups.
- Installation medical commands will offer health screenings, food health safety advice, and also have local veterinarians on hand to provide information on maintaining healthy pets.
“We’re encouraging our military community to take this opportunity to see, sample, taste and purchase the latest in health and wellness products,” Bianchi said. “We want them to discover the healthiest lifestyle possible – right there on their installations!”
Patrons are advised to check local media for specific details of their festival. Events and sales will differ from community to community based on location and installation size.