Hostess Raspberry Zingers recalled
Hostess Brands, LLC is voluntarily recalling specific Hostess Raspberry Zinger products because they may develop mold prior to the “best by” date, according to a Department of Defense All Food and Drug Activity message sent July 21.
The Defense Commissary Agency has publicized this recall to all its stores, said Richard Stith, Chief, Public Health Division, DeCA headquarters at Fort Lee, Virginia. Whenever a commissary has recalled or withdrawn products in its inventory, they are immediately removed from store shelves.
The following products are affected by this recall:
- Hostess Raspberry Zingers (10 count multi-pack, fresh), 13.4 ounces: UPC 888109110604 with “best by” dates of Aug. 26 – 29
- Hostess Raspberry Zingers (10 count multi-pack, frozen), 13.4 ounces: UPC 888109110604
- Hostess Raspberry Zingers (single serve, fresh), 4.02 ounces: UPC 888109010089 with “best by” dates of Aug. 26 – 28
- Hostess Raspberry Zingers (single serve, frozen), 4.02 ounces: UPC 888109010089
- Hostess Raspberry Zinger (3 count, single serve grocery), 4.02 ounces: UPC 888109010089 with a “best by” date of Aug. 26
No other Hostess Brands products are affected by this recall.
Consumers with questions may contact Hostess LLC at 1-800-483-7253, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CST.