Commissary brands top list of July’s summer promotions
FORT LEE, Va. – Commissary brands will be among the hottest promotions in July for patrons looking to save even more money.
Starting July 23, commissaries worldwide will begin a two-week sales event focusing on the commissary brands, said Tracie Russ, sales director for the Defense Commissary Agency.
“When our patrons enter their stores they will see our commissary brands extravaganza, offering super savings on a variety of items. Our private label brands combined with the promotions we have for national brands will make this a hot month for patrons to use their commissary benefit.”
The commissary brands promotions will feature some of the following products in the store front-end displays and the Wall of Value areas: trash bags of various sizes, disposable bowls, canned vegetables, pie crust, bottled waters, shredded cheeses, vegetable shortening and more. Stores will also promote several TopCare items on aisle endcaps including allergy tablets, vitamins, cold and flu products, heartburn relief and antacids.
Throughout the month of July, the agency’s industry partners – vendors, suppliers and brokers – are collaborating with commissaries to offer discounts beyond everyday savings. Patrons are advised to check the “end of the aisle” for themed items with extra low pricing.
Overseas stores may have substitute events for certain promotional programs. Customers should check with their store manager to verify when they will be offering the following sales events:
- Your Healthy Lifestyle Festival – ‘Live Healthy and Save Big!’ Your military community resale partners have come together to offer patrons more savings opportunities with Healthy Lifestyle Festivals through early July at commissaries worldwide. This annual event features discounted prices at commissary produce sidewalk sales; savings on workout equipment and apparel at exchanges; health screenings at local clinics, and fitness events hosted by the installation’s morale, welfare and recreation activities. Veterinarians will return for a second year offering health information for family pets as well as food safety tips. See the event schedule for locations and dates.
- Celebrate Family Values. July 1-31, Kimberly-Clark Corporation will offer 30 Commissary Rewards Card users a chance to win $250 in commissary gift cards with the purchase of any two Kimberly-Clark products and a scan of their rewards card.
- Historic Coca-Cola WW II Reusable Bag. From July 1 to 31, or while quantities last, patrons will receive a free historic reusable Coca-Cola-themed bag with the purchase of any two Coca-Cola products and a scan of their rewards card. Bags will be on display at participating CONUS locations.
- Pack Your Picnic with Kellogg’s, Keebler, and Commissary brands. From July 23 to Aug. 5, patrons will get a free 24-pack of Freedom’s Choice water with the purchase of three participating Kellogg’s/Keebler items. Choose from Kellogg’s Special K cereal, Rice Krispies Treats, Pringles, Mother’s Cookies, Famous Amos Cookies and Kellogg's Fruit Snacks. This promotion is offered at stateside stores only.
- The Patriot Perks Program. In July, patrons worldwide will have the opportunity to win commissary shopping sprees with a grand prize of a year of free groceries at their commissary. To enter the contest, visit www.patriotperksforyou.com or look for instore Patriot Perks product displays.
- Kellogg’s Jurassic World 2 movie launch promotion. Through July 7, Kellogg’s is offering collectible packaging, dinosaur spoon inserts, free movie ticket offers, savings on Kellogg’s products and Jurassic World 2 promotional items in most commissaries. Customers can find the promotional items in the following brands: Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes, Froot Loops, Apple Jacks, Corn Pops, Pop-Tarts, Eggo Waffles, Cheez-It Crackers, Keebler Caddy Packs, Rice Krispies Treats, Kellogg's Fruit Snacks and Fudge Shoppe cookies.
- The 9th Annual “Red White & Blue Reunion” contest continues stateside through July 15. Commissary patrons can enter to win a family vacation to one of America’s national parks by submitting a short essay on “Why My Family Should Win a Trip to a National Park.” Over 125,000 in-store (over $6 savings) coupon booklets will be distributed in stateside stores featuring many top Unilever Brands. There will be five grand prize trips of an all-inclusive family vacation to one of America’s national parks valued at up to $10,000 each. Also, 10 other winners will be awarded commissary gift cards. Sweepstakes information is available at the commissary. Contest winners will be announced on Unilever’s dedicated military website, Operation In-Touch.
- Summer Celebration BBQ. From July 17 to 31, Procter & Gamble and Smucker’s are offering military communities a chance to win the grand prize of a family barbecue for the entire military community. Everything offered at this event is free to all military families. Each barbecue will have a host celebrity chef, entertainment, catered food and drinks, games and prizes. Additionally, there will be samples, coupons and recipe cards of some of the name brand products at the event. Check your commissary for program details.
- Fandango Takes Your Family to a Summer Blockbuster Event. Through July 15, stateside patrons will have opportunities to earn free movie tickets by shopping the commissary. Patrons will be required to purchase seven participating products from any one of the following brands: Ball Park hot dogs, Chinet, Neutrogena, Band-Aid, Neosporin, Chewy, Gatorade, Life cereal, Frito Lay, Nabisco multi packs, Ritz Crackers and Chips Ahoy cookies to earn a free $9 movie ticket toward any movie in theaters during the summer months. Patrons must buy the required purchases (indicated via in-store shelf signs) in one transaction and send a photo of their receipt showing the qualified purchases per the directions provided on the store display. Patrons can qualify at least three times during the month.
- M&M’s flavor vote is back. M&M’s return with their famous flavor vote campaign to provide new flavors and customer interaction. Through July 15, Mars will provide commissaries worldwide medium-sized bags of M&M’s at over 35 percent savings with three new flavors (Espresso, Raspberry and Crispy Mint) and ask customers to vote for the new flavors. This M&M’s program also gives patrons a chance to win a trip for two to M&M’s world. Mars will also donate 25 cents per unit sold of the medium bag flavor vote items to the Fisher House Scholarship for Military Children fund (up to $5,000) in honor of Armed Forces Day.
“We have a multitude of opportunities to save money in July,” Russ said. “I also want to remind those planning their summer vacations to go online to www.commissaries.com and enter to win trips galore throughout the summer. They’ll always find these opportunities and more in the Sales Events section and Exclusive Savings pages of our website.”
About DeCA: The Defense Commissary Agency operates a worldwide chain of commissaries providing groceries to military personnel, retirees and their families in a safe and secure shopping environment. Commissaries provide a military benefit, saving authorized patrons thousands of dollars annually on their purchases compared to similar products at commercial retailers. The discounted prices include a 5-percent surcharge, which covers the costs of building new commissaries and modernizing existing ones. A core military family support element, and a valued part of military pay and benefits, commissaries contribute to family readiness, enhance the quality of life for America’s military and their families, and help recruit and retain the best and brightest men and women to serve their country.