Brand Name Items are items that are procured by brand or trade name without reference to a specification. The brand name commercial item for resale within a commissary must also be a commercial item that is regularly sold outside of commissary stores under the same brand name as the name by which the commercial item will be sold in, at, or by commissary stores.
In determining whether a brand-name commercial item is regularly sold outside of commissary stores, only sales of the item on a regional or national basis by commercial grocery or other retail operations consisting of multiple stores, shall be considered. Additionally, this limitation does not restrict the introduction of new items into the commissary system when their release to the commissary system is simultaneous with their introduction in the commercial sector. (The "introduction of new items" in this context is defined as being introduced and accepted for resale.)
Vendors: What to do first
- Review "Business Guide" (linked below) to gather basic information about DeCA as well as the brand name resale products we buy.
- Review the steps on how to do Business with DeCA.
- Review the listing of commissary locations that are listed as well as the Sales Team Directory (linked below) to give you an idea of the categories of items DeCA buys.
- Category Managers/Buyers as well as contracting points of contact are also provided to contact for appointments for item presentations.
- Complete "Presentations to DeCA for New Items, Promotions and File Maintenance Requests Spreadsheet" (linked below) and forward according to steps below.