Did you know:
Did you know:
- Simple activities like turning off lights or adjusting thermostats can save as much as $8,000 per year in an average commissary
- Lighting efficiency improvements can save as much as 30% in operating costs per year
- Simple adjustments to refrigeration operations have been known to produce 14% to 20% savings in refrigerated display case costs per year
- Low flow toilets and automatic faucet shut offs are know to reduce water consumption by up to 77%
- Every three months, Americans throw away enough aluminum to rebuild the nation�s commercial air fleet
- manufacturing one desktop computer requires fossil fuels and chemicals that amount to at least nine times the weight of the computer
- In the United States nearly $1 million is spent on energy each minute of every day
- Up to 75 gallons of water can be wasted each month by a simple leak
Energy conservation has been a hallmark of DeCA�s efforts to preserve natural resources and increase operating efficiencies for over a decade. These efforts have resulted in savings for the Agency of more than $50 million and counting.
Your continued support of this initiative will help the agency reduce energy and water consumption and lower greenhouse gas emissions.
Try some of the Energy Management Trivia Questions and see how much you know about 'Going Green'