Filing a FOIA Request
If you have checked the Electronic Reading Room and were not able to locate the document(s) you are seeking and wish to submit a request by email, send to FOIA@deca.mil. Requests may also be sent via facsimile to the FOIA Officer at (804) 734–8259. If you wish to send a FOIA request by US Mail please label your request “Freedom of Information Act Request”, preferably within the request letter and on the envelope, and address the request to the following address:
Defense Commissary Agency
Freedom of Information Officer
Office of General Counsel
1300 E Avenue
Fort Lee VA 23801-1800
Prior to submitting your request, please ensure the following requirements are met:
- Request must include a postal mailing address, regardless of the way it was submitted.
- Include your name, address, telephone number, and a statement of the records being sought, identified as specifically as possible. (See How do I file a FOIA request? for more information.)
- Request must be for Agency records; the FOIA is NOT a research service, therefore no questions are answered under the FOIA. (See Can we ask questions under the FOIA? for details.)
- State your willingness to pay applicable fees. (See Do I have to pay for a FOIA request? for more information.)
- Employees may not use Government equipment to submit a FOIA request.