Subcontracting Plans and Templates
It is the policy of the Government and DeCA to provide maximum practicable opportunities in its acquisitions to small business, veteran owned business, service-disabled veteran-owned small business, HUBZone small business, small disadvantaged business, and women-owned small business concerns. Such concerns must also have the maximum practicable opportunity to participate as subcontractors in the contracts awarded by any executive agency, consistent with efficient contract performance (FAR 19.2).
Selecting the Appropriate Small Business Subcontracting Plan
To facilitate the completion of a subcontracting plan (when required by FAR 19.702(a) and FAR 19.704), a template is provided for both individual subcontracting plans and commercial contracting plans. Nothing in these templates or instructions should be construed as waiving or modifying FAR requirements.
- A plan covering the offeror's fiscal year and applying to the entire production of commercial items sold by the company or a portion thereof (e.g., division, plant, or product line).
- It is the preferred plan for situations requiring the furnishing of commercial items
- good for a fiscal year regardless of the number of solicitations/contracts received
- the scope of this plan must consider subcontracting opportunities for the entire company/division, not just the immediate solicitation/contract
Commercial Small Business Subcontracting Plan - Template Updated August 2013
Commercial Plan Dollars & Goals Worksheet - Template
Commercial Projected Subcontracted Supplies or Services - Template
Individual Contract Plan
- a plan applying to a specific contract, covering the entire contract period (including option periods), and includes supporting goals. Contract incurred indirect costs for common or joint purposes may be allocated on a prorated basis.
- pertains to only one solicitation/contract
- a new plan is required for each new solicitation/contract
Individual Small Business Subcontracting Plan - Template Updated August 2013
Individual Plan Dollars & Goals Worksheet - Template
Individual Projected Subcontract Supplies or Services - Template
- contains all the required elements of an individual contract plan, except goals. Master Plans are intended to save time in developing individual contract plans.
Electronic Subcontract Reporting System (eSRS) - Information on eSRS can be found by clicking on this link